MIAMI – A man told a police officer that he was able to escape a group who kidnapped him after a meeting with a sex worker in Miami and detectives suspect he hasn’t been their only victim.
Recommended Videos
According to records on the case, the man reported that after the group left him alone in a room he used a sharp object to damage the duct tape that they had used to tie his arms behind his back.
Records show that after his escape detectives raided the two-story house where the man reported the group held him hostage on Friday in Miami’s Shenandoah area.
One of the four kidnappers was on the run. The other three appeared in Miami-Dade County court on Monday and remained behind bars without bond on Wednesday afternoon, records show.
According to a police arrest report, the victim reported meeting with Ashley Fuentes, a convicted felon on probation, on Friday at her home at Southwest 18 Avenue and 15 Street.
The victim said he knew Fuentes, 32, as a sex worker, and after he paid for her services in a second-floor bedroom, three men barged in and threatened to accuse him of rape, records show.
Sergio Valiente was armed with “a blade” when they forced the victim to sit down in “a wooden chair with metal handles,” and tied his hands behind his back with duct tape, according to the report.
Rodolfo Torres, Jr., a convicted felon on probation, searched the victim, took his cell phone and wallet, and “demanded” that he provide the passwords for his bank and CashApp accounts, according to police.
“Torres also scratched the victim’s torso area with a push bar commonly used for a crack pipe,” a police officer wrote in his report.
Detectives responded to the house on Saturday where a property owner said he rented rooms, and police officers found Fuentes hiding in the attic, and arrested Valiente, 39, and Torres, 54.
According to the Florida Department of Corrections, Torres had been convicted of grand theft after failing to return a rented vehicle last year and sentenced to probation until May 26, 2028.
According to the FDOC, Fuentes was convicted of possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of methamphetamine in 2023 and sentenced to probation until Sept. 21, 2028.
Inmate records show Miami-Dade County correctional deputies booked Torres, Fuentes, and Valientes on Saturday and they faced charges of kidnapping and armed robbery.
On Wednesday afternoon, records show Torres and Valientes were at the Metrowest Detention Center and Fuentes was at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center also facing a charge of cocaine possession.
Detectives asked anyone with information about this or other cases to call Miami-Dade County Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477 to remain anonymous.
Local 10 News Assignment Desk Editor Mercedes Cevallos contributed to this report.